1. The Giants, Angels and White Sox are the three teams with the most interest in Tim Lincecum. The two-time Cy Young Award winner still wants to be a starter, while the Giants at this point view him as a reliever. The Angels and the White Sox have key holes in their rotation and would easily have a spot for Tim. Lincecum, however, has been noted for saying that he want to stay in the west coast. Where do you think he will land? Should the Giants go out for him? Do you think Tim will sacrifice his needs for a starting spot?
2. NBA finals and Warriors round table discussion. Who will win?
1. The NFL Draft Round 1 is in the books. What did you all think of the draft so far? Will Jared Goff lead the Los Angeles Rams to glory? Will DeForest Buckner be the next big thing for the 49ers at DE? What about Karl Joseph for the Raiders? And what the heck is going on with Laremy Tunsil?
2. The Giants have gone 5-1 since we went to the game. Can we sustain this streak or is it just a stroke of good form? Who are the biggest threats in baseball right now to win the World Series and take home some awards?
- In the Giants season thus far, it seems that there are three pitchers who lead the pitching rotation: Madison Bumgarner, Johnny Cueto, and Jeff Samardjia. This was expected. The last two links, Peavy and Cain, however, seem to be at the tail end of the rotation losing. What are your assessments of the Giants Pitching staff overall? Do you think that the Giants can continue, let alone win a championship, with two weak link pitchers? I want you to keep in mind that it is also early in the season.
- Open ended discussion on off season NFL news/transactions/gossip.
1. Should Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, and Roger Clemens be in the Baseball Hall of Fame?Pete Rose: has had more hits than any other player, but has been banned from baseball since 1989 for betting on his team’s games when he managed the Cincinnati Reds.
Barry Bonds: hit more home runs in a career and a year than any other player, but was accused of taking steroids.
Roger Clemens: won seven Cy Young Awards, but also took steroids, which has so far kept them from getting the 75 percent support of baseball writers needed for selection.
For determining a Hall of Fame candidate:
“Election is based upon the player’s record, playing ability, integrity, sportsmanship, character and contributions to the team(s) on which the player played.”
But are the accomplishments of these three players so great that they should be admitted despite questions about their character and integrity?
2. Discuss the NFL offseason and some of the biggest moves. Do you think Robert Griffin III going to Cleveland will help or hurt him? What is the most underrated signing of this offseason? Do you think QBs like Brock Osweiler, Ryan Fitzpatrick, among others trying to command too much money? Are you against giving them a large sum of cash because they haven’t done much in their career, or is it simply the nature of the current market?
1. The San Francisco Giants this year face tough competition in their division. Namely, the Arizona Diamondbacks, with new additions to their pitching staff, and the Los Angeles Dodgers, with a payroll that continues to crank out big-name players. That being said, the Giants are predicted to win the National League Championship Series this year and have definitely shown that with their new high power additions: Samardzija, Cueto, Span, and other minor league players. However, preseason obstacles already make things look a little bleak. What do you think their performance in spring training will show about the regular season and do you think they will meet expectations? Keep in mind that even though this is a even year, the Giants in past years have won the World Series with very poor early predictions.
2. Open-ended NFL offseason discussion.
1. Which players are the future stars of the NBA, and what will the league look like in 10 years? Some names to think about: Anthony Davis (NO), Kawhi Leonard (SAS), DeMarcus Cousins (SAC), John Wall (WAS), Kyrie Irving (CLE), Damian Lillard (POR), Andrew Wiggins (MIN), Jabari Parker (MIL), Karl Anthony-Towns (MIL).
2. The Giants have had a big offseason, signing outfielder Denard Span and pitchers Jeff Samardzija and Johnny Cueto. What are your expectations for the upcoming season? Since it’s an even year, are we 100% guaranteed to win it? Would you rather have Donald Trump as president or see the Dodgers win the World Series?